How To Fix Wobbling Screen (Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505)September 9th, 2009 by James | This article was viewed 33,062 times.
Out of a dozen Inspiron 6400s I am pretty sure eleven of them suffers from wobbling screens. Of course, mine wasn’t excluded from this “disease” as well. So today I decided to fix this problem and at the same time create a different post on how to disassemble the bezel and replacing the LCD panel.
Wobbling screens are most of the time a result of
- Constant adjustment to the screen
- Opening and closing the screens in an extremely fast manner
- Aggressive/fast screen movements
We all know how irritating wobbling screen can be sometimes, especially when you know there is something lose inside but you have no idea how to fix it. Thus, this article is written to solve the wobbling screen problem.
First I must confess that my wobbling issue was not severe, therefore I can easily solve it with my method. For those who have serious wobbling cases, you can try this method but I am not sure that it will 100% help you fix your problem.
Fixing Wobbling LCD Screen
- Remove the LCD Screen.
- Remove the Display Bezel.
- As the display bezel is removed, you can see four screws (2 screws every hinge)
- If your Dell Inspiron 6400 suffers from wobbling screen, most probably screws near the hinges are lose.
- Tighten all the four screws on the both the hinges.
And you are done, wobbling screen fixed. Enjoy using your Dell Inspiron 6400 without being irritated by wobbling screen.
More laptop disassembly guides at the Laptop Disassembly Archive.