Removing Display Bezel (Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505)September 9th, 2009 by James | This article was viewed 22,478 times.
Due to popular search demands on removing the display bezel and the last day of using my camera, I decided to try and disassemble the display bezel. It was a success that’s why this article can be written to cater for those who want to replace their Dell Inspiron 6400′s LCD panel.
This is a continuation of the original post called How To Disassemble Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505. So a lot of steps will be referred to that particular post itself.
Removing the Display Bezel
- Remove the Battery (available here).
- Remove the Hinge Cover (available here).
- Remove the LCD Screen (available here).
- Note that in every round display bumpers, there is a M2.5 x 4.2-mm screw.
- Unstick all the display bumpers. Please take note that some display bumpers comes out in 2 pieces. So you might need to pry it out with a small screwdriver before you get to unscrew it.
- Unscrew all the six screws in the display bumpers.
- Here is the hard part, it is extremely hard to unclip all the protruding edges shown below. On each side, there are at least three edges you will need to unclip.
You will need to apply some strength to force the edges out, so don’t be sissy with the edges.
Replacing the LCD Panel
- After the bezel is removed, you can fix the wobbling screen or replace the LCD panel.
- To change a LCD panel, simply remove eight M2 x 3-mm screws (four on each sides of the panel).
- Disconnect two connectors. One with the blue tag, another one by clipping it in and pull it out.
- Connect those two connectors to the new LCD panel.
- Fix it into the display back cover.
There you go, removing the display bezel and replacing the LCD panel of a Dell Inspiron 6400. I hope it helped you guys solve some of your problems.
More laptop disassembly guides at the Laptop Disassembly Archive.